Please be reassured that Kirkbrae is monitoring and implementing additional measures as recommended by the Department of Human Services.
As a priority the following additional measures have been put in place:
- Daily screening of residents for symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Rescheduling of external routine medical appointments and medical investigations, unless essential
- Defer non-essential movement of residents in and out of the Kirkbrae Residential Care
- Telehealth consultations by GPs instead of face to face
- Reducing group activity numbers
- Combined group activities and residents going to other houses will cease
- Ceased communal dining
- Non-essential services will be ceased immediately – Hairdresser and other services as required
- Reinforcing 1.5m social distancing in communal lounge areas
- All visitors to residential aged care are required to wear a face mask
- Screening will continue on entry into Kirkbrae
As previously advised Essential visits will remain at 1 person for 1 hour per day and visits for compassionate grounds. This can only occur with the prior approval of a Care Supervisor or Facility Manager who will explain the conditions under which this can occur. Please contact them before coming to Kirkbrae by calling 9724 5200.
We understand that social contact with loved ones is really important, please contact Lifestyle on 9724 5200 if you would like to arrange a Skype session. Window visits can also be arranged where you can see your loved ones but not actually enter the facility. Don’t forget a telephone call, a letter, card or gift are also appreciated by all residents. Staff will continue to ensure that all residents are actively engaged in meaningful social contact.
Please pass this information onto other family members or friends of the resident. Once the threat of local community transmission has reduced, you will be advised about the removal of the additional restrictions.
We will keep you informed of any changes as further precautions are implemented for residents and staff.
Residential Care Facility Manager